Sunday, July 30, 2017

DIY Button Repair for Car Key Fob (or remote controller)

Hi everyone! It has been some time since I've written something here. I have been experimenting and trying out making youtube videos to better show how I do my DIY tasks and repair.

The video below is a simple video I made to document how I repair the unlock button on my car's key fob. The button was wearing out and frankly, it is the only thing that can and will wear out on a key fob. My car is now 11 years old and the key fob button can only withstand so many presses throughout its life.

But that doesn't mean that it should be thrown away just yet. The integrated circuit and other miniature components have no moving parts nor do they produce heat. Electronics that run cool and take electrical power directly from a battery tend to last a long time because nothing much could go wrong.

So, lets extend the key fob's lifespan by swapping out the worn out button for a new one! I hope this video is helpful and do give me your comments on how I can improve. Thank you for watching!


No comments: